March 17

#SOL22 #17

un·​der·​dog | \ ˈən-dər-ˌdȯg
noun
I love the game of basketball, but don’t watch it too often, even during March madness. This evening, I caught the end of the regulation time of #15 seed Saint Peter’s vs #2 seed Kentucky. And sat rapt through the overtime period, rooting for the underdog. And woot, Saint Peter’s was victorious!
I’m not sure of all the reasons why, but I often cheer for the underdog in sports. I hope I am as fervent in supporting those who are victims of injustice and/or persecution.

Tags: , ,

Posted March 17, 2022 by inspirepassion in category SOL22

About the Author

I am a process-focused leader who uses collaboration, authenticity, and mentoring as key skills to inspire passion among learners of all ages. Aggregate eclectic professional experiences have honed my ability to coach others in designing and implementing courses of study using inquiry-/project-based learning (PBL).

4 thoughts on “#SOL22 #17

1. dogtrax

Rooting for the underdog is a common experience with March Madness, for sure … Maybe it reminds us of our own times when perseverance and persistence got us through difficult times.
    Kevin

Reply
    1. inspirepassion (Post author)

I think you’ve pretty well nailed it Kevin. It helps us feel more powerful, that we CAN prevail.

Reply
  2. Kim Douillard

What is it about the underdog that is so compelling? And like you, I hope that I am also compassionate for those “underdogs” in life. Great post–lots to think about.

Reply
    1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Maybe seeing the underdog win reminds us that whatever our “position” in life, it is possible to prevail? To encourage us to never give up?

Reply