June 20

Word Association – #EthicalELA Open Write #3

Today’s prompt asked us to look around our space and notice an object, then go through an exercise of word associations with the object. I cheated… only a little… and took the idea of the prompt. Word associations are commonly used in improv warmups and practices as a way to help the players focus and really connect with their fellow performers, so that was the first word that popped into my mind.

Improv

hands loosely grasped
circled together
heads bowed in concentration
listening, observing
waiting, focusing, seeking
that one mind
that leads all
to the same conclusion
and a bout of laughter

Tags: , ,

Posted June 20, 2022 by inspirepassion in category Poetry

About the Author

I am a process-focused leader who uses collaboration, authenticity, and mentoring as key skills to inspire passion among learners of all ages. Aggregate eclectic professional experiences have honed my ability to coach others in designing and implementing courses of study using inquiry-/project-based learning (PBL).

2 thoughts on “Word Association – #EthicalELA Open Write #3

1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Thanks, Kevin. Never any apologies necessary. I’ve been leaving my comments on your poems on the ethicalela site. I never know whether I should also circle back to people’s blogs!

Reply
  2. dogtrax

I really love this one — the way you move the reader through the actions, and end on laughter. (Sorry it took me a few days to come back here to comment)
    Kevin

Reply