March 18

#SOL22 #18

Today’s post is a pure brag about my teen students. I gave them the following assignment, which they had a week to complete:

Read the linked History.com article, Six Reasons Why the Ottoman Empire Fell. Choose one of the topics and:

• Research and prepare a presentation of your learning for class. Open choice of format: Google slides, Flipgrid, poem, puppet show, collage, the sky’s the limit!
  • Find at least three additional sources, cite and annotate them and submit them in Classroom as a separate document.

Here are samples of the work they created:

Military Aspects (bibliography)

Rivalry with Russia (bibliography)

Lack of Advancement (bibliography)

When I am ready to tear my hair out with frustration about their adolescent behavior, I will return to this snapshot of their excellence, not only academically but as spectacular human beings.

Tags: ,

Posted March 18, 2022 by inspirepassion in category History, SOL22

About the Author

I am a process-focused leader who uses collaboration, authenticity, and mentoring as key skills to inspire passion among learners of all ages. Aggregate eclectic professional experiences have honed my ability to coach others in designing and implementing courses of study using inquiry-/project-based learning (PBL).

4 thoughts on “#SOL22 #18