March 28

#SOL22 #28

Borrowing from others, trying out the 5-4-3-2-1 format!

5 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR EVERY DAY:

• My faith
  • My comfortable lifestyle
  • My four children
  • My four grandchildren
  • My students

4 THINGS I AM PLANTING IN MY GARDEN (right now):

• Lettuces
  • Radishes
  • Carrots
  • Peas

3 THINGS I HAVE ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED THIS WEEK:

• Finished listening to yet another audiobook
  • Made sauce from the horseradish growing in my garden
  • Sent an email related to my position as HOA board president

2 THINGS I WANT TO DO TOMORROW:

1 THING I AM MOST EXCITED ABOUT TODAY:

Posted March 28, 2022 by inspirepassion in category Deeper Learning

About the Author

I am a process-focused leader who uses collaboration, authenticity, and mentoring as key skills to inspire passion among learners of all ages. Aggregate eclectic professional experiences have honed my ability to coach others in designing and implementing courses of study using inquiry-/project-based learning (PBL).

6 thoughts on “#SOL22 #28

1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Genesis, by Robin Cook. It was so-so. I’ve read a small number of his books in the past, so was familiar with his style. Kind of formulaic… My challenge with getting both books and audiobooks from the library is the usual one, the books I most want to read are on lengthy holds. My library system only allows five simultaneous holds, as well, which further frustrates me. I moved from a town which without fail received a “best in class” distinction for its public library, so I’ve had to adjust my expectations. 🙂

Reply
  1. Carol Wilcox

I have seen lots of people trying this 5-4-3-2-1 format. I might want to try it as well. And like Carol, I’m interested in horseradish. I have never known anyone who has grown it or made it themselves!

Reply
    1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Carol, I found the 5-4-3-2-1 format useful to focus my thinking. As for horseradish sauce, I’ll refer you to the comments I made to the other Carol!

Reply
  2. Carol Varsalona

This is a compact way to write a slice, Charlene. I am interested in your horseradish sauce. I never heard of making it from scratch.

Reply
    1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Yes, if you grow it in your garden (which is a good idea if you are into regenerative/permaculture concepts) you can make your own horseradish sauce for beef (and other) dishes. I read a fair number of recipe/how to sources, and they universally talk about ventilation, masks, etc. when processing it, because the “fumes” are strong. I didn’t do any of that, but people who are sensitive will undoubtedly find it useful. Many sites also say that when you add the acid (usually vinegar), it stops the “spiciness” process. I haven’t experimented with it, so cannot validate or dispute but imagine if it is documented many places, it’s probably true. This recipe is pretty standard, and provides a good explanation: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_prepare_horseradish/

Reply