March 23

#SOL22 #23

I have recently been working on the second “lasagna layered” garden in my backyard. Bit by bit (or maybe in a few large steps), I have been converting much of the grass into permaculture fruit tree “guilds.” In this area of Oregon, so many things grow well, so I am slowly developing an intertwined system anchored with fruit trees and surrounded by other edible plants that help deter pests and balance the soil. Berries, onions, garlic, horseradish, rhubarb, borage, herbs, to start.

I am a neophyte, have little idea of what I’m doing, yet know with observation, research, and asking many questions, I will prevail!

Tags: , ,

Posted March 23, 2022 by inspirepassion in category SOL22

About the Author

I am a process-focused leader who uses collaboration, authenticity, and mentoring as key skills to inspire passion among learners of all ages. Aggregate eclectic professional experiences have honed my ability to coach others in designing and implementing courses of study using inquiry-/project-based learning (PBL).

6 thoughts on “#SOL22 #23

1. Chris

Research helps, doesn’t it? I used to be an “ooh, that looks pretty, let’s plant it” kind of container gardener, with mixed results. This time, I bought a book, and I think my pots are going to look much better! Good luck with this venture.

Reply
    1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Thanks, Chris! Good soil health is central to success, regardless of what we plant! And also how much sun, etc. Always a learning process.

Reply
  2. shawndastories

I love all of these gardening ideas and goals! I’m an avid but novice gardener and I’m always looking for new ideas and things to try. Hope your fruit tree guild turns out just the way you want!

Reply
    1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Thank you! Gardening is such a grand experiment. 🙂 I used to stress about doing it “right,” but have (for the most part) accepted the idea that it *is* an experiment. Some things work, some don’t, sometimes adjustments need to be made, and as we used to say, “it’s all good.”

Reply