March 9

#SOL22 #8

In a riff off Kim Douillard’s #SOL for today (found here), my mind went to books I’ve enjoyed recently, then collided with the idea of showcasing women authors in honor of International Women’s Day.

Leigh Bardugo: I am pretty sure the first of her books I read was Six of Crows. I was captivated by her world building and character development, and stayed that way in reading the sequel, as well as the Shadow and Bone trilogy. I also loved Ninth House and am waiting for a sequel!

Alice Hoffman: I stumbled across her Practical Magic series quite by accident, or perhaps by magic. I’ve read the two prequels and am looking forward to finishing out the series!

V.E. Schwab: I read The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue and fell in love! Her time jumping is done so well. I’ve also enjoyed her Shades of Magic trilogy and will certainly return to her writing again!

Tags: , , ,

Posted March 9, 2022 by inspirepassion in category Reading, SOL22

About the Author

I am a process-focused leader who uses collaboration, authenticity, and mentoring as key skills to inspire passion among learners of all ages. Aggregate eclectic professional experiences have honed my ability to coach others in designing and implementing courses of study using inquiry-/project-based learning (PBL).

8 thoughts on “#SOL22 #8

1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Yes! Kind of after the fact, I realized these are all fantasy authors, and I read a variety of genres, but these authors stood out. I always check out the books you’ve read and liked and generally add them to my list!

Reply
  1. shawndastories

Great idea to write about authors you love, and even better to honor the women authors in light of it being March! I haven’t read any of these women’s works, so will have to check them out as I am between books right now.

Reply
    1. Jill

First, welcome! So glad you are slicing this year! Second, I love the layout of your blog page. I’m hoping to redesign mine during the challenge this year, so I’ve been noticing layouts as I read. Third, you pulled me in with your teaser…anything about book recommendations I will read. I’ve added these to my TBR list.

Reply
      1. inspirepassion (Post author)

Thank you, Jill! This layout is a standard Edublogs one, and I’ve had it for what seems like forever. Keep me posted on any of these books that your read.

Reply